Friday 26 October 2007

Madagascar Piece Gets In


My piece on Madagascar made it into the Notts Post on Tuesday, as a bit of filler on page sixteen. Still bloody pleased with that! They have re-hashed it a bit and written it their own way but some of it is still mine. I only found out today when I searched for Madagascar on the Post website! I had given up on it getting in because it had been so long since I sent it. Luckily the CBJ had an old copy of tuesday's paper lying around which I was able to nick.

You can find it here if you are interested: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=133965&command=displayContent&sourceNode=133948&contentPK=18746639&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

Even better though is that the story in its unedited form made page 3 of the Hucknall Dispatch, with a little bit on the front telling people to turn to page 3! Not bad eh, one story, one front page.....

Only downside was that neither piece included my name. On the Dispatch website it actually says that my piece is by someone else. I was pissed off all day but apparantly when uploading stories to a website it puts a name on there automatically, so they haven't just swindled my work.

http://www.hucknalldispatch.co.uk/hucknall/Pub-regulars-on-African-odyssey.3417949.jp

Cheers!